v1.2.000 Beta Testing

Interested in playing with the very latest bits and bobs? This is the place.
Rusty
Site Admin

v1.2.000 Beta Testing

Postby Rusty » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:55 pm

Current Beta Build: OctaEdit v1.1.152 as at 2017 04 21

OctaEdit v1.2.000 is a very large update, which has involved a lot of time and effort, and introduces three (3) new modules and a bunch of new functionality.

I am currently working through a shedload of beta testing on my own, which is slowing down the potential release date.

If anyone is interested in doing some beta testing, it would greatly speed up isolating and resolving any bugs or edge cases which I may not pick up on my own and/or help identifying any issues.

The more people who do some testing, the quicker I can release it to everyone. :cloud:

To whet your appetite, some of the highlights in v1.2.000 are:

New Samples Module: Recoded/redesigned the entire Samples module from scratch. Lots and lots of code and UI/UX changes/functionality.

New Arranger Module: The Arranger module allows the ability to edit Arrangements in OctaEdit.

New Audio Finder Module: The Audio Finder module allows the ability to find Audio Files, and provides a wealth of additional functionality.

Lots of other stuff and things: Tons of other new stuff and things, way too many to list here. Release notes are over 200 lines long at the moment...

Interested?

New Samples Module: Slots Mode

New Samples Module: Slices Mode

New Arranger Module

New Audio Finder Module

Likes kittens, dislikes the giant ball of fire in the sky and knows for a fact that there is a rabbit in the moon.

logicat2001

Re: v1.2.000 Beta Testing

Postby logicat2001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Hi Rusty, I'm down to test. Mac OS Sierra.

SERCHMILTON

Postby SERCHMILTON » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:17 am

Yeah.. I could test on osx 10.9 till 11.

Regards :D
Hardware:
Octatrack - Virus B - RolandTB3 - Korg X3 - Yamaha CS1x - Akai S-3000
Softwares:
Ableton 9.5 - Maschine 2 - Logic X10 - TraktorPro 2.10
Plattform:
MacPro OSX-10.11 & MacBookPro OSX-10.9

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:30 am

Sweet. Main focus will be OSX10.9 to OSX10.12

I'll try and do Legacy (OSX10.5 to OSX10.8) and Windows as well if anyone wants; but they are additional builds I need to do; thus more time/effort. Easier/quicker for me to bang out "normal" builds.
Likes kittens, dislikes the giant ball of fire in the sky and knows for a fact that there is a rabbit in the moon.

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:34 am

OctaEditSeason.png
OctaEditSeason.png (23.66 KiB) Viewed 1693 times

Current version is v1.1.147 as at 2017 03 29

Emails have been sent :cloud:

Moonrow

Postby Moonrow » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi Rusty.

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:41 pm

Moonrow wrote:Hi Rusty.

Hi Moonrow. Wanted the Beta version?

barton

Postby barton » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Hi. I can do a bit of beta testing in the next couple of weeks. Thanks

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:41 pm

barton wrote:Hi. I can do a bit of beta testing in the next couple of weeks. Thanks

Sweet. I'm working on a new build with some more functionality right now, should be available in a little while...

finmusic

Postby finmusic » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi, Im new here,
can test OSX 10.12.4 during forthcoming 2 weeks

Thanks

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:31 pm

As an FYI, I've got one major thing I'm working through at the moment, but it is quite complicated. And waiting on feedback from first round of testing.

When I finish that then there should be another announcement shortly thereafter / be a new beta version available.

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:34 pm

I'm going to be pushing out a new Beta / potential Release Candidate in the next day or two... :cloud:

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:01 am

OctaEdit v1.1.152 Beta is now available.

Been having a *lot* of fun sorting some stuff out... :omg:

Whats new?

- Been doing a lot of work around Sample Markers, editing, calculations etc... the "fun" stuff.
- You can now modify Trim / Slices by "samples" or by "Bars"
- Modify/switch between different calculation methodlogies, "Original Tempo", "Trim Length" or "Loop Length" via the respective drop down arrows.
- Have depreciated the Range controls, as you can now use the Samples/Bars controls a lot easier
- Tons of other stuff and things.

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:51 pm

Sent out Beta builds to people.

If you didn't get one; or wanted to check it out then send me a pm with your details and I'll send it and licence keys over.

Main testing priorties at the moment are:

1) Licencing:

Ensure that when using the different licences that only certain modules are accessible.

Full Version: Should have access to the Project, Samples, Sequencer, Arranger, Manager, Chainer, Audio Finder, Arp Designer, LFO Designer, Analytics, Options and Support Modules. (i.e. everything)

Samples: Should have access to the Samples, Chainer, Audio Finder, Analytics, Options and Support Modules.

Manager: Should have access to the Manager, Analytics, Options and Support Modules.

Samples and Manager: Should have access to the Samples, Manager, Chainer, Audio Finder, Analytics, Options and Support Modules.

2) Samples Module:

The Samples module has been entirely rewritten from scratch... so have a play around.

3) Audio Finder Module:

The Audio Finder is a new module, so have a play around.

Be careful when using the 'Find All' option, as I haven't put a check in here, so if you search your C:\ you'll get lots of results. Probably best to leave off for now.

4) Arranger Module:

The Arranger uses an 'Edit' buffer to edit an Arrangement. Therefore you need to save your changes; or it will auto-save prior to loading a new one if the 'Arranger -> Options -> Auto Save' option is enabled.

Select Rows by clicking in the 'Row' column. Right click for context options. Select multiple rows this way.

Edit Rows by clicking in any of the other columns. A different editor will be launched depending on the column selected. e.g. Clicking in the Scene A/B column will launch the Arranger Scenes Row Editor.

Multiple Rows can be edited at once. Select multiple rows via the Row column, then use the right-click context or click on another column. The Seed row is the lowest row selected.

Arrangements can be renamed by clicking the name label.

Arrangements can be copied by using the 'Copy' subsection in the 'Arranger -> Actions' group.

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Any Feature Requests for v1.2?

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Fri May 26, 2017 5:01 am

OctaEdit v1.1.300 Beta is now available (OSX Only)

OctaEdit is now in public beta; available to all users via the regular way.

If you are a new user; and want the old OSX version (v1.1.010) then please let me know.

So whats new?

- New Audio Engine
- GUI Overhaul
- New Samples Module.
- New Arranger Module.
- New Audio Finder Module.
- Moved Arp Designer, LFO Designer and Support modules into their own tabs.
- A whole bunch of other stuff, tweaks, enhancements, code tightening etc...

Way, way too much to mention, as the change log is hundreds of lines long.

Pretty pictures of course, because we all like those....

OctaEdit : Updated UI

New Samples Module: Slots Mode

New Samples Module: Slices Mode

New Arranger Module

New Audio Finder Module

Updated Arp Designer Module

Updated LFO Designer Module

Updated Options Module

Updated Support Module

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Fri May 26, 2017 8:49 am

Licence: Click on the OctaEdit logo, then the 'Cog' in the bottom right hand corner; copy/paste details; then click the green tick.

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:46 am

OctaEdit v1.1.400 Beta is now available (OSX Only)

Grab it the regular way.

If you want the OSX Legacy version, give me a yell.

Windows version? I'm working out some bugs specific to the Windows build :omg:

Rusty
Site Admin

Postby Rusty » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:36 pm

Rusty wrote:OctaEdit v1.1.400 Beta is now available (OSX Only)

There is a math error / typo in v1.1.400 Beta that can cause a crash in certain scenarios / edge cases when loading a Set/Projects.

If this occurs; it should be easy to confirm/verify by enabling/disabling the option: Options -> Samples -> Sample Properties

If a crash happens when the above is enabled; but not when it is disabled; then the error is occuring. It is not necessarily your samples; but a miscalculation that occurs when reading sample properties if the "stars align"; i.e if sample rate is X and sample length is Y and sample calc is Z then this may happen.

Currently working on a hot fix for this.